CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Vacation Depression Syndrome

Vacation Depression Syndrome (VDS) is a condition that I often get when I go away. I get terribly depressed when a fabulous vacation comes to an end. I have been back from the fabulous island of Nevis and still can't get enough. I think I want to move there. I don't know if it's the VDS talking or if I'm serious. I absolutely loved it there. I have tons of family there so I'm sure I would never go hungry if I didn't work (like who wants to work on paradise). Well, there are several ways to cure this condition or at least make die down alittle. One way is to use the exact same scented shower gel you used while on vacation once you get home. Everytime you take a shower once you return home, you'll smell like you did when you were on vacation. Everytime I sniff myself I have fond memories of my vacay and this also gives me a little vacay at home. This has been a real life saver for me except I am running low on the "ocean breeze" shower gel I had been using on vacay. Another helpful cure is looking at pictures of the vacay. Oh this is such a great way to get over VDS. I have some of my pics on my phone so anytime I get a VDS attack I just look at my pics. And finally, go online and start pricing tickets for your next vacay!!! This always helps me because you're like fooling your brain that you are in the process of going away again. It totally works! Miss you Nevis!!!

1 comment:

  1. Best remedy is to listen to the vacation theme song. In this case "Just can't get enough of the Odisi"! By the way, you owe me some "Ocean Breeze" shower gel!

    ReplyDelete