CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Inside Out

As I get older I've noticed changing clothes has become a task. It's like, once I get dressed that's it. No wardrobe changes at church, during half the day...nothing. I just can't be bothered. So while staying at the fabulous Marriott World Convention Center in Orlando, Florida I put my bathing suit on and went to the pool with my sister. After we got there my sister noticed that my bathing suit was on inside out! I was like whatever. I could care less, because there was no way I was gonna go back and fight, tug and pull to get back inside of my size 10 bathing suit (leave me alone, buying smaller sizes makes me feel skinny). As we proceeded to the pool, she said "oh Lord the tag is all out." I was still like "whatever". I just didn't care. If anyone noticed I would just smile. After a while in the pool I began to feel severely self conscious and came up with an awesome idea. Why not put bathing suit on the right side underwater?? It was a brilliant idea! I told my sister, who was very hesitant, and she eventually went along with it. I had to untie the halter top and roll the bathing suit down, then turn it right side in. Thank God I had a strapless bra on. We had to roll the bathing suit down off of me, then I had to step out of it and then put it on the right side. At one point I was totally NAKED in the pool!!! Despite how mortifying it sounds, it actually felt really good. Just me in the crystal chlorine water. I felt like Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon. I was so self conscious. I thought everyone was looking at me. They probably were. There was one older lady sitting to the left of us starring really hard. She must have been wondering what we were doing. I was screaming and laughing all in the same breathe. Once I got the bathing suit off I really felt like just continuing to swim, without clothes. I mean we came into this world that way, why couldn't swim in the buff?

Anyway it was a fun thought and eventually I let it go. I finally put the bathing suit on the right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment