CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Grown Up

I recently visited a friend of mine who just moved into a house. Her place was beautiful. I was so happy for her. As I entered her bedroom I was totally floored. Her bedroom looked so "grown up!" She had this massive kingsize bedroom set. I climbed up on her bed and felt like a little girl on this huge bed. Why did I feel like a little girl? I had to go back to my childhood and investigate my past. I recall many instances as a little girl when my father would introduce me as the "baby" or say to his friends proudly "this is the baby!" That's because I am the youngest of four. Additionally, as a kid my siblings and I couldn't just go into my parents bedroom. That was a place for "grown ups". My parents room was practically a sanctuary. Everything was in place, neat and changed periodically. I began to think about my own bedroom...actually my own pathetic bedroom. Mix & match furniture, no spectacular bedding and the same dusty curtains on my windows for the last three years. Have I no respect for my bedroom...or myself? My bedroom is supposed representative of me...a fabulous almost 40 woman!

I have decided that if I'm going to turn 40, I've got to do it right. No more "this is the baby" and lackluster master bedrooms. It's time my life and home represent my almost 4 decades on this earth. I've worked hard, lived right (well almost), and turned out some great kids. It's time for me to focus on having my surroundings be representative of me...a fabulous almost 40 woman all grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment