CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Jon & Kate = Hate?

I was watching the Jon & Kate plus 8 reality show and as everyone knows there's much drama going on with them right now. I watched this program way before all the drama came to surface, so I am very familiar with the dynamic of their family (at least on TV). When watching them discuss their "marriage" it was very sad for me. It stirred up my own feelings of when my ex-husband and I was at that point where you know there ain't no reconciliation and it just hurts. It hurts to think about having to create a new path without the people you started out with. As Kate cried during her interview, I cried. As Kate wipped her tears, I wiped mine. I identified with her pain as if the interviewer were asking me the questions. I'm not saying she won't do well, or that she can't make it. It's just when you get married you think it's forever...or at least that's what it used to be for Barbie and Ken remember them?

I'm not trying to judge Jon, but in his interview (which by the way are separate now...they used to be together) he seemed so cold and detached. I remember seeing that very same emotion in my ex-husband and it's almost like you wonder if you ever really knew each other? Like...who is this brother. Where is the guy I used to laugh and bug out with? Who are you?

Divorce is never pretty (unless your name is Ivana Trump), but I'm sure they will get through it. As we get older God gives us the wisdom to handle all the things we cannot change. Watching this made me think of that Jasmine Sullivan song 'why do we love love when love seems to hate us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment