CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Man Up Jon!

The Jon and Kate soga continues. Last night on ABC Jon Gosselin got his chance to speak his "truth" about the whole situation with the break up of him and his estranged wife Kate Gosselin.

I feel somewhat attached to this story for two reasons. I watched the show "Jon & Kate plus 8" way before this drauma started. I admired how they handled so many children (when I could barely handle 2) and how they stayed married. Their show was real because they yelled and screamed at each other just like a good old American family, until it came to an end. The other reason why it's close to me is because I am divorced and as many know divorce is so hard with children whether you want it or not.

Jon told his side of the story and I must say I wasn't impressed. Jon said that Kate verbally abused him, kept him from his family and didn't let him do anything he wanted to do. He eluded that she didn't make him happy and blah blah blah. This cracks me up. Why is it that men always think we are responsible for their happiness? Why didn't he bother to make himself happy? Did he really expect Kate to maintain the house, take care of the kids and sex him up and make him happy? What was he going to contribute to his happiness? He just sat there and was too lazy to think for himself. He even admitted that too.
Not to be all preachy but God sets up the order of a marriage. One man and one woman joined together to make one. God sets the man as the head of the house. Now a days if the man doesn't take the role as "head of house" the woman will. Unfortunatley, it's what happens. Somebody has to run the house and take an authoritative role. Jon didn't. He said he didn't speak up and said "maybe I was too passive". Uh yeah! He had the nerve to say he dispises the mother of his 8 children on national TV. I was annoyed. I don't care how you feel about your estranged wife, maybe you can keep that to yourself including all of your photos jetsetting across international lines with your new 22 year old girlfriend publicly for your childrens sake. What Jon dispises is himself. He dispised that in hindsight he didn't speak up and be more authoritative in his own house. Instead he listened and did whatever Kate said for years and now resents it. That's not her fault. I admit Kate doesn't seem like a strawberry sundae either, but had he spoken up sooner he might have preserved a little of his pride.

It's clear to me that when the order of the house isn't followed, the house will crumble.

Stories like this doesn't make me wanna run and get married either. I'm certainly open, but always keep things like this in the back of my mind.

Obviously they have both moved on with their lives to the best of their abilities under the circumstances. I hope the best for them both.

Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment