CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer is ova!

Well the unofficial last day of summer was yesterday. As the cool, almost cold evening air dried my throat I started to ponder on my whirlwind summer. To recap, I drove down to Atlanta, then to Orlando, Florida then to Port Charlotte, Florida then back to Orlando then back to Atlanta. From Atlanta I went to Virginia for a overnight stay (hooked up with a friend that I reunited with on Facebook) then back to New York. After one week of resting I was off to Nevis, West Indies for 10 days which was absolutely FABULOUS!!! Then back home to NYC and then one other quick road to trip to Atlantic City, New Jersey. Wow!!!! I wish I could live my life on the road. It was really fun. In the midst of all of that my dad passed away and that was sad and traumatic, however being surrounded by loved ones made it easier to deal with. Now that I'm home, back to my real life, it's hard to deal with when I think about him...but I'm getting through with the help of the Lord.

I spent alot of time with my family and it made me realize no matter how crazy our family can be at times (family...you know who you are) it's really nice to be with them. At the end of the day, when your so called friends leave you, your family with be there for you (hopefully). I encourage you to spend time with your family, especially on vacay because time away makes you aprreciate the gem you have in them.

With that said I would like to give a tribute to summer:

Ode to Summer

Oh Summer, you came with a great anticipation
due to my fabulous scheduled vacation
whereby I travelled the nation
and now you are just a figment of my imagination.

During that three months of fun
I mangaged to have a burger and hotdog in a bun
Now your gone
and I'm totally torn.

You will return, I'm no fool
I just wish I could take one last dip in the pool
So farewell to my favorite season
To have you all year round I would commit treason.

Sandy

Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment