CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stop Committing Self Abuse

Despite the fact that I am pretty confident, the other day I had to stop badgering myself for a multitude of things i.e. the house being messy, my finances being messy, dinner not ready by a certain time etc. I had gotten in a real funk over it. I eventually had to tell myself about all the wonderful things that I have done. Has this ever happened to you? When I really thought about it I had just had a conversation with a friend and was encouraging her by telling her all the wonderful things she had accomplished so on and so forth. Why was it so difficult to encourage myself? This isn't uncommon for me. I have a pattern of "Self-Abuse" as I like to call it. I must admit I have loosened up though however I hate that I abuse myself to the point sometimes until I feel bad. I am at the point where I catch myself before the abuse begins. As I get closer to 40 little by little I am learning to stop sweating the small stuff. It's not worth it and there is always someone worse off. I'm learning, if you love yourself, yourself will love ya back!
Copyright 2009

2 comments:

  1. You know...I was just thinking this the other day! Why am I stressing every litte thing? Who cares if I put the sheet in the bottom shelf and the towel on the top? Is this rocket science? Just put the stuff away and go enjoy life! Thanks, Sandy! This confirmed what I've been thinking all week...

    God knows exactly what you need!

    ReplyDelete