CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fight!

This past Sunday my Pastor preached about fighting for what belongs to you or what is rightfully yours. I really identified with the message. So often in life I let things slide and not fight for it. It could be as simple as being told no at a store and not asking for a supervisor or receiving a denial in the mail and just letting it go. The message inspired me to stand up for myself no matter what it is. My pastor discussed standing up for your health, marriage, children etc. Seriously real life issues. It was obvious that the entire congregation felt like fighting in the spirit because the entire church just went up in a praise and we all began to fight in the spirit. It was really good.

After service I went to a discount store to pick up chips. These are special chips that they don't ordinarily carry. They are actually gourmet chips which retail for like $4.99 a bag in D'Agostino's and other specialty shops, but I had been getting them for $.99 a bag. I had been buying them there for a few weeks and absolutely love them. I noticed on the bag that it was past the expiration date but I didn't care because they are so good and healthy. I also noticed there was a sign that read 2 for $.99. Wow, I was so excited. I picked up two bags and the cashier said they are $.99 each. I proceeded to show her the sign. She let me know that was meant for another product. I told her it was past the expiration date. She still insisted they were $.99 each. She then pointed to the manager and I told him that the bags were past the expiration date. "How can you sell them for full price?" He mumbled something and then I said (kinda loud so everyone could hear) "The chips are past the expiration date!" "Okay, okay 2 for $.99", the supervisor said. Hip Hip Horray!!! Justice for all! You see my friends, my fight may have been small or insignificant to you, but a fight none the less. To the victor goes the outdated chips!!