CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Totally Pathetic!

Well, it's official...I'm totally pathetic! Not only do I get stood up by men I just met, but now I'm getting stood up by my girlfriends too! Is this what going on 40 is all about? I had plans with a friend to hook up on Mothers Day Eve and was really looking forward to it. I called all her reach numbers, texted her, I would have sent a smoke signal if I could. No response. It's funny, I expect men to do this. You know, no call, no show...but now women/friends are standing me up too. What was so bad is that I really felt bad. I had no back up plan as I usually do. Anytime I make plans with a guy (especially a "new guy") I always have a plan B because a "new guy" can have flaky tendancies I don't know about. But I really didn't think I had to have a plan B for my girlfriends. Well, don't feel bad for me, I'm learning that sometimes you have to go solo. It's like when I taught my oldest son to ride his bike. I held on and supported the back of his bike for weeks with him until he felt comfortable. Then eventually he went solo. If I want to really enjoy life despite issues that are beyond my control, I'm going to have to go solo. The next time something like this happens I'm either gonna have a plan B in place or continue with the plans solo. Hey, I came in this world by myself...I think I can go to dinner by myself.

My girlfriend apologized profusely because she went out earlier and her outing ran over. She also left her phone at home. She eventually sent a text and straigtened everything out. I knew there must have been a good reason, but it was a good lesson for me.

1 comment:

  1. Girl my number one rule in life is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, have a plan B.

    ReplyDelete