CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vessels of Life

Recently I had a minor invasive procedure done. Don't worry, I'm good & no I didn't have cosmetic surgery...although the thought did cross my mind since I was on a cold operating table...(and why not just bundle all my surgical needs and desires together I thought...that's another blog...ANYWAY)! As I was on, what they call "the procedure table" which is actually just a non-threatening way of saying the operating table), I heard the attending physican tell the nurse that my large overwhelming breast was in his way. Okay he didn't say large or overwhelming but he might as well had. He actually asked the nurse to move it. I wondered where on earth could she possibly move my breast? Now mind you, I'm half naked on the "procedure table" with several other nurses, physican assistants and med technicians standing over and around me. You could imagine the horror. I was totally mortified. Then I began to think that these precious DD's had been revered as vessels of life to my children. I had breastfed both of my boys for close to two years collectively. My DD's had fed my children exclusive breastmilk which made them healthier children as a result. I should know, I'm a breastfeeding advocate. For those of you who don't know, children who are breastfed are less likely to get ear infections, tooth decay, and diarrhea. Additionally, breastfed babies are less likely to have childhood diabetes. So where does this bigshot physican come off telling her to move my breast. My DD's are practically the equivalent to what Jesus did when he was on earth...he performed miracles. I performed miracles with my DD's too. If breastfeeding two african american boys to full satisfaction on two breasts ain't a miracle, I don't know what is. Well, the next thing I knew that chick was trying to tape my breast to one side of my body. All I could think was "Seriously? I fed my children exclusive breastmilk for almost two years and you want to shoove my life giving DD's to the side?" Anyway, her attempt at trying to dispose of my vessels of life were stopped when the physician said "Oh forget it...it's not really making a difference. Then he said "Sandy, are you okay?" Now here is my opportunity to give him a piece of my mind, half naked on the cold "procedure table" I thought. Well I decided to let him have it and said "I'm fine."

I thought as you get older you get the guts to speak your mind? Well, I guess being half naked on the cold "procedure table" in a room with several people looking over me may have had something to do with me not being totally forthcoming. Anyway, everything went fine.

3 comments:

  1. being half naked on a "procedure table" while others have full reign of your body and you have none is probably not the best time to "speak your mind" So you are maturing and definitely counting up to 40! That's the benefit of 40 -- wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy...I am enjoying this blog. You write so eloquently and I can relate to your every thought...it's beautiful. I'm looking forward to this journey...I'll be 40 next year too. Wow I wish I had the time to reflect...I'm living vicariously through you...GOD BLESS...hope to see you next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...LOL. I'm going to tell everyone about this blog! I'm going to tweet about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete