CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Long division...the final frontier

Today my 9 year old son was having a long division crisis. "I don't understand it Mommy" he cried with big precious glassy tears in his huge brown eyes identical to mine. He didn't understand how he kept getting a remainder. I had to reassure him it was okay not to always understand as he looked up to me for wisdom. I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't always understand either. That's when I took the time to do some real life long division. Let's see: income divided by too many expenses equals nothing and no remainder. Doesn't seem complicated to me. Or how about real life dating division: 1 fabulous girl (that's me) divided by 3 guys who don't want to commit to anything but a low budget date equals me single. Again...not complicated. What I don't understand is that why can't there be a remainder in life? What about some remainder cash after expenses or what about a remainder guy who wants to be all about me for a change? My poor baby thought he didn't understand, but to tell you the truth I don't always understand. Sometimes all a girl needs is a remainder.

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny. I guess the remainders will be who's got your back...kisses my sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are rid.iculously funny!!!! You need to write a book! Love you

    ReplyDelete