CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well it's official, I have less than 365 days until I turn 40. My birthday was April 16th. Wow, you know this is a milestone age that I have been talking about for years and now I'm almost there. This years birthday was really nice for me. My girlfriend decided we must celebrate so she cooked up some food and we invited over a handfull of friends and had a nice time. What I loved about it was that it was all about me. There are rarely any times when it's about me and it felt really good. I put on a hot "I'm not forty yet" outfit and pranced around, socialized and laughed with my guest all night(including my new very young friend who came and looked absolutely gorgeous). It was just what I needed. Every girl needs to be celebrated. I totally recommend doing something and recognizing yourself for your birthday. It really made me feel soooooo special. It also made me realize that celebrating yourself is not self indulgent. Sometimes mothers, wifes, sisters, teachers, First Ladys, aunts etc. put out so much out for everyone else that matters to they forget about themselves. So to celebrate you can be very healthy for the inner man. I will also make it a point to celebrate others as well. I felt good way down on the inside, that I was smiling for days. It was so good, I decided to extend my birthday to April 30th. My kids wanted to know who approved that. I said "hey, I'm almost 40, I don't need no approval."

No comments:

Post a Comment